We humans emerged not long ago from evolution's forge as a clever animal adept at hunting and gathering, with intellectual gifts that knew no bounds. Our journey since has taken us to the threshold of nature's deepest mysteries. Who are we, what can we do and where are we headed?
WHO WE ARE
- What Sleep Crime Tells Us About Consciousness
- Aspiration Makes Us Human
- Will We Continue to Get Smarter? The Flynn Effect Says Yes
- Researchers Disagree About How to Extend Human Lifespan
WHAT WE CAN DO
- Coming Soon: Artificial Limbs Controlled by Thoughts
- The Projects that Push the Limits of Engineering
- Searching for Easy Answers to Hard Computational Questions
WHERE WE'RE HEADED
- Experiments Scientists Would Do If They Lived Indefinitely
- How Far Can Climate Change Go?
- Quantum Uncertainty Poses No Obstacles to Nanocomputers
This article was originally published with the title Beyond Limits.