Main Sources & More to Explore:
- The Poisoner’s Handbook: Murder and the Birth of Forensic Medicine in Jazz Age New York. By Deborah Blum. Penguin Press; 2010.
- The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World From the Periodic Table of Elements. By Sam Kean. Little, Brown and Company; 2010.
- In Your Element. Monthly column in Nature Chemistry.
- The History and Use of Our Earth's Chemical Elements: A Reference Guide. By Robert E. Krebs.
- Chemistry in Its Element podcast from Chemistry World,
- The Elements, by Tom Lehrer
- "I Was a Teenage Element Hoarder," By Michael Battaglia
Interactive by Krista Fuentes