Scientific American Jobs
Welcome to Scientific American Jobs, powered by naturejobs.com - the world's largest, dedicated science job board.
Sr. Scientific Manager- Small Molecule Formulation
Posted: January 15, 2014
Expires: March 16, 2014
Science jobs from Genentech, Inc.:
Job Function: Research
Job Level: Experienced
Who We Are
At the Roche Group, about 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 30 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. The headquarters for Roche pharmaceutical operations in the United States, Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer and other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech, where we believe that our employees are our most important asset and are dedicated to remaining a great place to work. The Position
The Department of Small MoleculePharmaceutics in Genentech Research and Early Development is seeking a highlymotivated Senior Scientific Manager to lead an effort in pharmaceuticalprofiling and development, during preclinical and early clinical assessment, ofnovel small molecule therapeutics for unmet medical needs. The successfulcandidate will head a small group of scientists, and is expected to:
* Provide exceptional scientific leadership within Small Molecule Pharmaceutics, as well as to other functions, subteams and teams at Genentech
* Develop and effectively manage a small laboratory group focusing on selection, profiling and advancing small molecule clinical candidates in a scientifically rigorous, phase-appropriate manner
* Drive scientific and technical innovation collaboratively with other members of the Department
* Develop and execute preformulation and formulation strategies based on strong scientific rationale and pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical properties of the molecule for one or more projects
* Author development reports and relevant CMC sections for regulatory filings
* Publish in high quality scientific and pharmaceutical journals
* Participate and thrive in an interactive, team oriented culture, interfacing with discovery and early development functions
Who You Are
PhD degree in a relevant scientific field (e.g. Pharmaceutics, PhysicalPharmacy, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering) with minimum of 8-10 years industrialexperience in biotech/pharmaceutical companies supporting discovery and early clinicaldevelopment is required. At least 3years of prior supervisory experience managing research associates is preferred. Experience and knowledge in the interplaybetween absorption process, PK/PD relationship with formulation modality isrequired, and experience in alternative drug delivery technology is highlyvalued. Thesuccessful candidate should demonstrate recognized scientific leadership asdocumented by publications, references and external presentations, as well asthe following core competencies,
Ability to lead, influence and motivate others Able to distill complex issues and clearly articulate solutions Outstanding presentation and communication skills Attention to detail Proven track record of effective decision-making: makes good business decisions and exercises sound judgment. Works well within multi-disciplinary, matrix teams and has proven abilities as an effective team leader * Ability to demonstrate effectiveness and growth in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Genentech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/n7gyfpf
Apply for Genentech, Inc.