Scientific American Jobs
Welcome to Scientific American Jobs, powered by naturejobs.com - the world's largest, dedicated science job board.
Postdoctoral Fellow in Genetic Epidemiology or Bioinformatics
Posted: July 23, 2014
Expires: September 20, 2014
Science jobs from Lady Davis Research Institute, McGill University:
There are two arms to our research program aimed at first identifying genetic determinants of common disease and subsequently undertaking clinical trials to test whether these genetically identified drug targets translate into better disease outcomes. As a member of the research team, you will have access to whole genome/exome sequence data on 3,871 individuals and genome-wide genotyping data on 5,800 individuals phenotyped for several hundred traits.
- M.Sc or PhD in Biostatistics, Genetics, or Epidemiology
- Candidates with a clinical degree (M.D.) are especially encouraged to apply (including those receiving MDs in other countries)
- Having a strong statistical background, or experience handling large datasets is essential
- Having previous publications in Genetics, or Genetic Epidemiology, will be an advantage
- Knowledge of bioinformatics and programming skills is preferred
- Proficiency in English is essential
Apply for Lady Davis Research Institute, McGill University