How do I read eBooks on my Kindle Fire? (Mac users)
Mac users will first need to install the free Android File Transfer app to complete USB transfers. You can get the app here. Follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the app. Once installed, to add the eBook to your Kindle Fire:
1. Select the Download Mobi/Kindle option.
2. Select Save as and select a location to save your eBook file (.MOBI) to a folder on your computer.
3. Connect your Kindle Fire to your computer via a USB cable.
4. Use Finder to navigate to the Applications folder and double click on the File Transfer App. Your Mac opens the Kindle's file system, as shown here:
5. Find the eBook (.MOBI) file you saved in step 3, then drag and drop it into the device's Books folder.
6. Wait for the file to transfer and safely eject the device from your computer.
7. The eBook should appear on the device's carousel screen. If not, the eBook will be found in the Docs application.