Subscriber Interview Screening Survey Rules
OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Scientific American “Subscriber interview screening survey” is open to subscribers of Scientific American. To be eligible for an Interview, however, only legal residents of the United States at the time of registration will be among those selected for participation. Registrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of registration and professionals (not students). This Subscriber interview screening survey is sponsored by Scientific American, a division of Springer Nature America, Inc (“Sponsor”). Employees, officers, directors and representatives of Sponsor, their corporate affiliates, and those with whom such persons are domiciled, are not eligible. Void outside of the United States and where prohibited by law. The “Subscriber interview screening survey” is subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- HOW TO REGISTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: No additional purchase is required to be considered for the Scientific American Subscriber Interview. To be considered, complete and submit the registration online. The entry period of the Subscriber interview screening survey begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 1, and ends at 5:00 PM ET on June 30th.
One registration per person is permitted. Registrations that are late, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Terms and Conditions will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, destroyed or misdirected registrations. If there is a dispute over the identity of an on-line registrant, registration will be deemed submitted by the Subscriber regardless of the individual that submitted the registration. “Subscriber” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address and has purchased a subscription to Scientific American.
- PAYMENT: Twenty (20) Subscribers will each receive $60 upon their completion of their registration and a one hour telephone interview with representatives of the Sponsor. Payment, which will be handled through Rybbon.net, will be delivered to those selected Subscribers within 24 hours of their completion of their telephone interview. No substitutions, exchanges, refunds or other compensation will be made for any reason, including cancellation of the Subscriber Interview Screening Survey. However, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a payment of equal or greater retail value in the event the offered payment is unavailable for any reason. Payment recipients are responsible for all taxes associated with claiming payment. Payment recipients may be required to sign a Payment Acceptance Form before the Payment is awarded. Payments may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by payment recipients.
- SELECTION OF PAYMENT RECIPIENTS: Twenty (20) Subscribers will be selected by representatives of Sponsor, in their sole discretion, from all eligible entries received on or before the Subscriber interview screening survey deadline. Subscribers chosen to participate in a one-hour telephone interview will be notified by Sponsor on or about [INSERT DATE] via email. Telephone interviews will be conducted in English during one of the appointment times selected by the participant through GoToMeeting, an online conference software. Selected participants must be available for the full hour of the interview. Incomplete registrations will not be accepted. The number of eligible registrations will determine the odds of being selected. Sponsor is not obligated to leave voice mail, answering machine, or other messages. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, a selected payment recipient may be required to forfeit a prize and an alternate payment recipient may be selected in accordance with these Official Rules from among the remaining eligible entries for that payment if selected payment recipient (i) is unreachable, (ii) declines or cannot accept, receive or use the payment for any reason, or (iii) fails to comply with these Official Terms and Conditions, or for any other reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating in this Subscriber interview screening survey, registrants agree to be bound by these Official Terms and Conditions and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. By registering, each registrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and each of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and marketing agencies and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, directors, representatives and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) from and against any claims, damages or liability involving or arising out of (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, postage due, mutilated, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone system, technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, transmission or other errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by the payment or resulting from acceptance, possession or use or misuse of any payment or from participating in the Subscriber interview screening survey or any Subscriber interview screening survey related activity; or (v) any printing, distribution, typographical, administrative, human or technological errors involving or associated with the Subscriber interview screening survey. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Subscriber interview screening survey Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Subscriber interview screening survey (or any portion of the Subscriber interview screening survey) for any reason in their sole discretion, including without limitation should any virus, bug, computer problem or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation (or in the event of any type of error), to select the participants from eligible registrations received prior to the action taken or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In no event will Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of payments in these Official Terms and Conditions. Participants must have all necessary rights in their entries in order to submit them. Sponsor may prohibit registrant from participating in the Subscriber interview screening survey or receiving a payment if, in its sole discretion, it determines registrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Subscriber interview screening survey by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other registrant or Sponsor’s representatives. Releases have not made and/or are not responsible for any misrepresentation or guaranty, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes. By accepting a payment, each payment recipient agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor may use Subscriber’s name, voice, biographical data, likeness and city name in any and all media throughout the universe and in perpetuity for promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering the Subscriber interview screening survey registrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Subscriber interview screening survey, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any registrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and registrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.