Contact UsEmail Us +
Hours of Operation:
M-F 10am-6pm EST, Sat & Sun closed
Hours of Operation:
M-F 10am-4pm EST, Sat & Sun closed
All sales and support functions are handled by Nature Publishing Group (NPG). For contact details for your local NPG representative, please click here.
Insitutions interested in a free trial should email their request to:
Please include-contact name, name of institution, city, state/province and country.
For more information about site license access, please contact your local NPG representative or visit the Librarian Getaway website at: www.nature.com/libraries
Phone: (646) 673-0469
Fax: (212) 754-1138
Phone: (212) 451-8525
Fax: (212) 754-1138
Send an e-mail to the editors at Scientific American: email@example.com
If you would like to write for Scientific American, please read the submission guidelines
View the Press Room
All sales and support functions are handled by Nature Publishing Group (NPG). For contact details for your local NPG representative, please visit our website: www.nature.com/libraries/contact_npg/index.html
Institutions interested in a free trial should email their request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include-contact name, name of institution, city, state/province and country.
For more information about site license access, please contact your local NPG representative or visit the Librarian Gateway website at: www.nature.com/libraries
For information on including Scientific American lists in your next marketing campaign, please contact:
U.S. and Canada
Lake Group Media
1 Byram Brook Place
Armonk, NY 10504
Phone: (914) 925-2400
Fax: (914) 925-2499
Voice: (914) 925-2400
Infogroup Direct Media Millard
200 Pemberwick Road
Greenwich, CT 06830
Phone: (402) 836-5644
Fax: (402) 836-7006
Voice: (402) 836-5644
Practical health advice and information for the most common medical conditions
Bulletins (Prostate and Memory)
In-depth, thorough, knowledgeable, and scientifically accurate presentation of current information
Disease specific monographs for those living with chronic conditions
Special Health Reports
In-depth condition management and treatment advice
US: (800) 829-0422
International: (903) 636-5355
Scientific American HealthAfter 50
P.O. Box 8529
Big Sandy, TX 75755-8529
Scientific American grants one-time, non-exclusive rights to reproduce content to third-parties for editorial, commercial, and educational purposes. For your convenience, permission to reproduce the TEXT of articles will now be processed via RightsLink.
For permission to reproduce the TEXT of an article originally published in Scientific American:
- Locate the article you wish to reproduce on ScientificAmerican.com
- Select "Rights & Permissions" at the end of the article.
- A RightsLink pop-up window will appear. Within this window select how you would like to reuse the content by filling out your publication details.
- When finished, select “Continue”
- Create a RightsLink account or sign-in to your existing account.
- Submit your request and payment information (if required) for processing.
- Print your license.
Note: If the "Rights & Permissions" link does not appear along with the article, permission might not be available at this time or it might be older content. In either case, feel free to submit a request via one of the following online forms.
- Non-Profit/Academic Use
- Business and Non-Academic Use (via Copyright Clearance Center, Inc.): Photocopying rights are hereby granted by Scientific American, a division of Nature America, Inc., to libraries and others registered with the not-for-profit organization, Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) to photocopy articles in the printed version of Scientific American for the fee of $3.50 per copy made of each article. To register with the CCC go here or call CCC, Phone No. 978-750-8400.
- Copyright Clearance Center, Inc.
222 Rosewood Drive
Danvers, MA 01923
If you have additional questions not addressed here, please e-mail:
Minimum order for reprints is 500 copies. To request single copies of back issues, please call 800-333-1199.
Scientific American can also customize a complete media communications program tailored to your specific needs.
- For more information about reprints or custom publishing options, contact:
voice: (212) 451-8841
fax: (646) 563-7138