- A major study shows spiral CT scans can lower lung cancer mortality rate
- An Israeli lottery drawing produces two identical six-digit winning numbers twice in three weeks, a four trillionto-one probability.
- Conjoined twins from Canada, who share a thalamus, may each be able to see and feel what the other is experiencing. An intriguing case or media hype?
- The good news: 1,200 species were discovered in the Amazon region over the past decade. The bad news: their rain-forest habitats are being systematically destroyed to make room for farming.
- Problems with Rolls Royce engines in Airbus superjumbo jets cause groundings, increasing passenger anxiety. High-speed rail, anyone? Cholera breaks out in Haiti after January 2010 earthquake. Could better planning have prevented this?